Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Updating Chicken & Stuffing

I made a big pan of chicken and stuffing last week and IT WAS SO STINKIN GOOD!!  One reason I love this recipe so much is because it has "tang" to it because of all the sour cream.

Eric liked it, but wanted more stuffing on top so next time I will make an additional box of Stove Top or make stuffing from scratch.  And he is probably right - you can never have too much stuffing. 

I also thought about adding some frozen mixed vegies to the chicken & sauce part of the dish.  I'm thinking it would be almost the same as a pot pie, but with stuffing replacing a pastry crust.  If I do that, I will definitly add more stuffing to the the top. 

Since I am still in the experimenting mode with this recipe, next time I'm going to try cutting the butter back to 2 Tbs and add additional chicken stock to make up for the liquid. But what am I saying??????  You can never have too much butter in a recipe, and lets face it, this is not a diet dish.  As Dad liked to say "In for a penny, in for a pound."   Unfortunately when I eat this dish I seem to be in for 10 pounds instead of one.  But hey - at least it tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment